Amazon Prime Day Impact Report 2016 Methodology
- Results showcased in this report are confined to qualifying third-party sellers/merchants on the CommerceHub DemandStream platform and do not include first-party sales where Amazon is the retailer.
- Our active portfolio of merchants/sellers together generate more than $1B annually in direct-to-consumer e-commerce Gross Merchandise Value (GMV).
- A merchant is a retail entity comprised of a distinct brand, product catalog assortment, and website domain selling products online via their website and/or marketplace.
- To qualify for inclusion in the report a merchant must be active on a channel program for a full 15 months or more prior to the start of each reporting period.
- Historical GMV from qualifying merchants and channels that have ended their CommerceHub subscription will remain included in our data until their last month on the platform.
- All department results are aggregated and summarize the performance of at least 20 CommerceHub merchants per department.
- Unless otherwise noted Sales are reported in GMV which excludes promotional discounts, shipping and tax plus order adjustments from returns, billing issues, shipping, and inventory availability.
- Average order value (AOV) is GMV divided by the number of units ordered.
- Amazon, Amazon Prime, Dash, Amazon Echo, and Kindle are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. CommerceHub and the CommerceHub logo are trademarks of Commerce Technologies, LLC. All other product or company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.