Results from CommerceHub’s annual holiday consumer survey
2020 holiday season is beginning to look a lot different due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As retailers shift to accommodate a new kind of holiday shopping experience, CommerceHub surveyed more than 2,500 consumers between the ages of 18-74 across the United States to find out how the COVID-19 pandemic is changing consumers’ holiday shopping plans.
Notable holiday shopping trends include:
- More than 80% of consumers plan to holiday shop online.
- Even with pandemic uncertainty, shoppers are still planning to shop deal days—Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but this year it’ll be online.
- A product being in stock along with plenty of choices is the primary reason consumers say they’ll choose a retailer or brand to shop with this holiday season.
- Electronics and video games and apparel and accessories topped the list for what consumers will be looking to gift this holiday season.
- Consumers who prefer to shop in-person are more likely to shop at stores that require customers to wear a mask.
Complete the form to download your copy of the 2020 Holiday Shopping Trends, which features a bonus section that includes insights into how the COVID-19 pandemic is changing consumers’ holiday shopping plans according to their political party affiliation.