Strategic Sales Engineer - Digital Marketing
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
The Digital Advertising Strategic Sales Engineer is directly responsible for providing technical and subject matter expertise to the Global Strategic Sales Team. This individual will play a key role in winning new ChannelAdvisor business with industry-leading retail and brand clients.
- Generation of new advertising business with new and existing accounts in collaboration with sales and client management teams
- Support the solutions discovery process for technical, functional, and overall value proposition of our digital marketing and retail media solutions
- Measure efficacy of advertiser strategies via reporting and analysis against core retail media & digital marketing KPIs while performing pre-sales audits to identify potential areas for improved revenue growth and efficiency via ChannelAdvisor software and services
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations, proofs-of concept, strategic recommendations, and product demonstrations in person and via Zoom
- Evaluate prospective and current client’s business goals, data & systems integration requirements, and recommend effective strategies to meet these needs
- Generate ROI analyses, revenue & cost forecasts, and respond to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Communicate market feedback to product management and services for incorporation to future product developments and service offerings
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure a positive and strategic handoff to service teams sharing documentation of goals and requirements generated during sales cycle
- Team player with ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams.Proven track record supporting presales engagements while engaging with clients, technical teams, and C-level executives
- Strong analytical, technical, operational, and industry knowledge to provide value and relevance to key client stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize/prioritize client feedback, competitive and industry information to evangelize and provide feedback to improve product and service delivery
- Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business to develop growth strategies for client and ChannelAdvisor
- Excellent communication and boardroom presentation skills. Displays strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Viewed as an expert resource by clients, peers and coworkers and has a thorough internal working knowledge of the enterprise
- Leads by example and demonstrates strong decision-making skills, judgment, and business acumen
- 5+ years of presales experience, focused on consultative sales of enterprise software and services sales
- Driven, polished, technology-proficient professional
- Hands-on experience supporting teams closing six-figure contracts against seven-figure targets
- Retail experience and online retailer or brand network preferred
- Understanding of customer challenges within the retail and/or e-commerce industries
- Knowledge of retail partner ecosystem including marketplaces
- For roles in Spain and the UK – we also require language support for English + Spanish or German.
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Medical, Dental and Psychology benefits
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Voucher program for Transportation, Meals & Childcare
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home with a remote stipend, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career.
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job