UI Software Engineer
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
The Engineering Team employs some of the top engineering talent who are constantly working to improve on processes, quality and techniques, with the goal of producing the highest quality software solutions in the industry. The lines between traditional QA and software engineering are blurred here, with quality being considered at all stages of development.
Our team is comprised of very talented and highly motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder. We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done. We aim for operational excellence, having a DevOps culture and a “you build it, you run it” mentality. We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban depending on the directive of the team. We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tech stack to make sure we are providing software of the highest quality. Continuous Delivery is important to us and we are constantly looking to improve our automated testing and continuous integration.
As a member of our development team, you will have the following opportunities:
- Use contemporary tools and design patterns to develop internationalized UI components.
- Participate in a fast-paced agile development team building software as a service (SaaS) applications.
- Collaborate among a small, 4-8 person agile team with ownership of a core component of the ChannelAdvisor platform.
- Learn and leverage the latest software engineering methodologies and technologies.
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, and share a passion for creating great software.
- Partner with Product/User Experience designers to bring to life excellent customer experiences.
- Modernize the technology behind mature interfaces
- Team Collaboration
- Technological Evangelism
- Requirements Gathering
- Implementation, pair programming, peer code reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the “you build it you own it” mantra
- C#, .NET
- Github, Azure DevOps
- Web service APIs
- Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks
- AWS services (OpenSearch, Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, RDS, ECS, and others)
- Redis, NoSQL
- SQL Server
- Experience with other cloud technologies
- Solid understanding on CI/CD tools/pipelines
- Ability to develop robust and secure code
- Experience scaling applications in AWS and on-premise
- Strong troubleshooting and optimization skills
- Minimum 4-5 years experience developing user interfaces for commercial software.
- Understanding how to detect and prevent common security vulnerabilities, including injection, cross-site scripting, request tampering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to describe in detail the process of developing a user interface for a non-trivial application.
- Solid understanding of popular web protocols, including HTTP 1.1, HTTP/2, WSS (Secure Web Sockets), TLS.
- Data visualization experience using charting frameworks, data grids, and large data sets.
- Advanced CSS skills, including compiled CSS (SASS/SCSS), responsive design.
- Familiarity with Web Components and Web Sockets.
- Internationalization (i18n) and Localization (L10n).
- Understanding of agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Medical, Dental and Psychology benefits
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Voucher program for Transportation, Meals & Childcare
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home with a remote stipend, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career.
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job