Associate General Counsel
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
We are looking for a talented, creative, energetic, tech-savvy and self-motivated commercial attorney with at least ten years of relevant experience to join the in-house legal team of a high-growth, global e-commerce technology company. This position will report into the company’s General Counsel (with direction from other lawyers on the team) and will work cross-functionally with executives and stakeholders across all company departments to drive business growth. The position is ideal for someone with a strong background in technology licensing and SaaS agreements, with well-developed drafting and negotiation skills, who enjoys a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to develop new skills.
- Negotiate, draft, analyse, review and manage a wide range of legal documents and related materials, including contracts for the company’s B2B SaaS offerings, technology agreements, strategic partner agreements, confidentiality agreements, procurement agreements and other documents to meet the company objectives.
- Assist in the improvement and management of agreement templates, corporate policies and processes to address recurring and anticipated business needs; make policy recommendations on contracting matters.
- Support in-house counsel in data security and privacy matters (e.g., security questionnaires, data protection agreements, privacy framework submissions, etc.); work cross-functionally with information security team to document and respond to data deletion/production correction requests and help manage related processes; monitor changing privacy landscape in the UK and EU.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external clients to efficiently drive the contract review and approval process to conclusion.
- Advise the business teams on contentious and non-contentious risk management and contract interpretation; work with in-house and external counsel (in the UK and abroad) to efficiently handle contract-based litigation, including the negotiation of and management of external counsels costs.
- Ensure compliance with company processes and policies; monitor and advise on changes in laws, rules and regulations affecting the company.
- Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned (may include work in areas of HR, real estate, international, risk management, dispute resolution and other matters).
- Qualified Solicitor in the UK with a minimum of least 10 years of relevant post-qualification experience with a large law firm and/or corporate legal team, preferably analysing, interpreting, drafting and negotiating contracts (including a deep familiarity with SaaS agreements).
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills (including with regard to contract drafting and negotiation) and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Experience with e-commerce, privacy and data protection matters, and experience working with international sales teams will be favourable.
- Must be resourceful, inquisitive, and driven to learn new skills and gain a deep understanding of the company's business.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities with attention to detail.
- Time flexibility in delivering legal support to offices in different time zones.
- Must be a team player with superior interpersonal skills, respectful, a positive attitude, humble, sense of humour and the ability to work effectively in a social and highly collaborate office environment.
- Maturity and comfort working with senior management.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, is a must and additional languages will be considered a major advantage (in particular Spanish, German, French).
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Enhanced Private Medical Insurance and a Health Cash Back Plan
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 9 Holidays, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job