Senior Security Analyst
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
As a Senior Cyber Security Specialist, you will play a crucial role as a key member of our Information Security team. In this dynamic and challenging position, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and hands-on expertise spanning various security responsibilities, such as EDR, SIEM, DLP, IPS, WAF, and other related technologies. Your proven experience and expertise will be essential in ensuring the safety and security of our organization's sensitive data and assets.
In this role, you will be responsible for directly monitoring and responding to security alerts, and continuously developing and configuring security technology settings and policies. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that all security-related activities are aligned with our company's policies and standards. As a senior technical expert, you will be relied upon to provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members and drive continuous improvement in our security posture.
If you are a proactive, results-driven individual with a passion for cybersecurity and a track record of success in delivering innovative security solutions, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- This role requires a balance of technical expertise and clear communications under high pressure situations to effectively maintain control through the cyber security incident response lifecycle
- Hands-on triage, analysis, and response of security detections (EDR, IPS, WAF, other)
- Establish and track meaningful KPIs with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Develop Use Cases, implement, and continually optimize SIEM rules
- Lead the implementation and improvements of various security projects
- Configuration and maintenance of various security technologies
- Educate, train, and mentor others
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
- Experience with Crowdstrike or another EDR platform
- AWS security experience
- Experience with M365/O365 security and administration
- Development and/or scripting experience (Powershell, Python, etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical staff and executives
- Experience with Palo Alto
- Customer-focused with a "service first" mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- At least 3 years’ experience working with security technologies such as EDR, SIEM, IDS/IPS, etc
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Enhanced Private Medical Insurance and a Health Cash Back Plan
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 9 Holidays, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job