Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is eager to step in as a leader, understand and shape the Agile and Lean processes we follow, and can help drive the technology and product direction of the company. You’ll work with both internal teams, third-party partners, and our customers to prioritize needs & drive growth.
- Leading teams of highly-creative software professionals in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Understanding and driving Lean, Systems Thinking software engineering principals
- Establishing best practices for software engineering to ensure high-quality services that can be easily run in production
- Collaborating with architects and other technology leaders to help drive the direction of technology within the team and the company
- Monitoring high-level projects to ensure in-flight projects are on track
- Dropping down to a low level, when needed, to help direct project teams and keep projects on course
- Building trust and rapport with your directs, having meaningful 1:1s, cultivating careers and creating a culture of continuous feedback and psychological safety to ensure that engineers feel that ChannelAdvisor is a place they can learn and grow through their career.
- 5+ years as Sr. Software Engineer or higher
- 5+ years with team-lead or other leadership experience
- Hands-on experience with AWS technologies, especially EC2, ECS, AWS OpenSearch, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis
- #Learn-it-all attitude to be able to dive in and understand unfamiliar systems and projects
- Ability to balance business needs with technical debt/cross-team dependencies
- Focus on delivering quality software in a timely manner #BiasForSpeedAndQuality
- Ability to be a great mentor #HireAndDevelopTheBest
- Positive attitude that shows #PersistentOptimism
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Medical coverage provided through Irish Life Health with Premiums paid by the company
- Competitive time off package with 23 Days of PTO, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home with a remote stipend, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career.
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job