Site Reliability Engineer
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team in Platform Engineering organization combines software engineering with systems engineering to help build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that our internal and externally visible systems are reliable and have an appropriate level of uptime. Further, SREs will maintain a close eye on the performance and capacity of our systems.
We need you to continually improve and scale our SaaS platform so that our customers experience an exceptional level of service. Your responsibilities will include creating, monitoring, and automating services' cloud infrastructure and pipelines, and collaborating with development teams to deliver highly-reliable offerings. We need a Site Reliability Engineers to help us provide high-quality full-stack management solutions to businesses worldwide.
- Work closely with developers to build production automation and analysis tools. Develop solutions and practices in collaboration with Product Development, Customer Support, and other internal teams.
- Work with other engineering stakeholders on resolving larger architectural bottlenecks and provide an operational perspective. Establish strong operational readiness across teams by working closely with the software development teams.
- Monitor, scale, and troubleshoot a distributed, highly available, highly scalable software stack. Integrate and deploy existing systems to ensure uptime and application performance of critical production systems and develop full stack tools and processes for monitoring, alerting and logging high performance applications and interfaces
- Participate in the rotating on-call schedule. Ensure that user emergencies, platform alerts, and support requests are addressed.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems in legacy environments and the ability to create and implement a new solution from scratch.
- From code, to compile, to test, to deployment, you are enthusiastic about the software lifecycle beyond just writing code.
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative/Agile environment with other SRE team members as well as all of software engineering.
- You have the ability to operate independently and self-prioritize work. You are a good team player, and exceptional communicator.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and help foster a collegial environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
- 5+ Years as a Site Reliability, DevOps or Platform Engineer working in high availability AWS environments
- Experience with logging and monitoring systems based Elasticsearch, datadog, cloudwatch
- Experience with AWS foundations, including compute, storage, and security
- Expertise in creating multi-region cloud systems with a solid disaster recovery plan
- Are able to reason about large systems - how they work and can be operated on a large scale, edge cases, failure modes, behaviors.
- Proficient in writing code/scripting in languages like ( Python, Bash, Typescript)
- Automation of infrastructure with CDK, Terraform, Ansible, continuous deployment pipelines, and familiarity with containerization like EKS or ECS.
- Strong systems engineering skills, particularly in Linux and containerized environments using tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to diagnose complex distributed systems problems whether it be system, network or code
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Enhanced Private Medical Insurance and a Health Cash Back Plan
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 9 Holidays, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this Job