Technical Support Representative - UK Based (German Speaking)
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the Now Economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the Now Economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The ideal candidate for our Technical Support Representative position is friendly, tech savvy with a knack for problem solving, enthusiastic, and goes above and beyond for our customers. This is a full-time remote position with the opportunity for occasional in-person gatherings. While the standard workweek is Monday through Friday, circumstances such as business or clients’ needs may on occasion require the employee to work overtime. As a Technical Support Representative, you’ll provide accurate and timely support to our clients via multiple communication channels (phone, email, live chat). In addition, you’ll be training customers to utilize our multiple systems and liaising with other internal teams. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals that want to impress customers with exceptional, immediate and personalized support communicated with sincerity and enthusiasm.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Love working 1 on 1 with our customers to answer a question or help them solve a problem
- Have the ability to interpret customer requests and present them to internal teams for product improvements
- Enjoy troubleshooting issues by digging into files and resource documents
- Thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and upbeat environment that encourages growth
- Handle inbound email, telephone and live chat inquiries related to our multiple platforms to include both website and integrated methods, and data files transmitted between CommerceHub and its partners
- Accurately record customers’ issue(s) and actions taken (internal & external) in ticketing software and work towards a resolution
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the CommerceHub network, solutions, and customer needs
- Alert management to trends based on client feedback
- Manage and update cases in a timely manner using department best practices and workflows
- Assist the Sales Support team as needed for contracting, name changes and termination cases
- Serve as primary contact for new and existing suppliers and clients for all issues related to production activities
- Serve as the primary contact for partners to support clients to facilitate the setup, configuration, testing & training for supplier
- Adhere to department standards for performance metrics to achieve all departmental and individual performance goals
- Maintain composure in critical situations and communicate well with internal/external clients
- May also offer suggestions for process improvements internally and for our constituents
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications, education and experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 years of technical support experience
- 3+ years of experience in customer service
- Fluent German and English – both verbal and written
- 1+ year of professional experience utilizing German language skills. (Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both German and English) with ability to communicate equally well with technical and non-technical individuals
- Knowledge of PC and MS Office applications
- Excellent problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Experience working in a highly dynamic and fast paced atmosphere
- Experience with Ticketing and CRM software (Lightning and Salesforce preferred)
- Capable of multi-tasking, and able to work within challenging time frames
- Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple & changing priorities
- Effective collaborator with proven process improvement skills
- Highly energetic, assertive and systematic; must be a self-starter
- Understanding of data structures, file formatting (EDI/Edifact, XML, Flat File), and communication protocols (AS2, FTP, HTTP, API)
- Ability to triage, support and develop solutions for complex client issues
- Ability to leverage sales techniques to improve closure rates
- Ability to identify process improvements that lead to better team performance
- Proficient in user acceptance test plan development
- Account or Project management experience
- Retail industry and/or supply chain experience
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- UK Full Time Employees are eligible for private insurance under BUPA and life insurance up to £50k of their compensation
- Pension options with Creative Auto Enrollment
- Competitive time off package with 20+ days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, and a paid volunteer day
- Remote work stipend for internet, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- 20 days of paid Parental Leave
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.Apply for this Job