Staff Software Engineer - Ecommerce
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the Now Economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the Now Economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
- Build new products, features, and tools that improve both internal and external customer experience
- Influence the direction of our roadmap by working with both product and engineering leadership
- Work across different products, tech stacks, and programming languages
- Collaborate with teams across the engineering organization
- Turn complex problems into simple, encapsulated solutions that less experienced engineers can rationalize and turn into engineering design documents
- Turn ambiguous problems into concrete solutions
- Mentor, coach and teach our engineers, regardless of their current role
- Ensure that our engineering teams subscribe to the technical roadmap and philosophies we have built
- Contribute to the quality of our system design, ensuring designs are scalable, durable, reusable, etc.
- You have at least 7 years of experience developing on AWS technologies
- You have experience designing and implementing products from the ground up
- You have experience extending and supporting products that are already in place
- You have worked in an environment where you have supported both new development and existing functionality concurrently
- You have demonstrated the ability to learn new patterns and technologies
- You can prioritize tasks and work independently
- You have the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with keen attention to detail
- You have demonstrated the ability to deliver on time and with high quality
- You have been successful working on projects that have had high amounts of ambiguity in them
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- E-Commerce / Drop Ship / Marketplace Domain experience
- Event Stream Processing Experience
- Experiencing developing public and private API’s
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job