Director, Internal Communications & Corporate Marketing
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
CommerceHub is in the midst of a transformation that is not only re-shaping the company as a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider with a commerce network connecting the world’s leading retailers and brands but is changing the dynamics of the entire industry. As a key member of Corporate Marketing team, you will manage the planning and execution of the company’s internal communications function and be a key part of this successful transformation.
The role includes the development, creation, and distribution of internal communications content to all employees, support projects designed to improve the employee engagement experience and keep employees informed about the business. The effective communications programs and deliverables you implement will drive shared understanding and a strong company culture, supporting CommerceHub’s values, its business objectives, and its ability to attract and retain the best talent.
This role works closely with a wide range of functions across all job titles. You’ll come up with creative, innovative ideas to inform, excite, motivate, and align team members; partner closely with Corporate Marketing and People team colleagues to identify key topics, themes and messaging to share company-wide; and bring best practices to support our effort to build a people-first culture.
This highly collaborative position requires great people skills, excellent writing and editing skills, as well as a passion for storytelling. As is the ability to deliver quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Implement internal communication strategy that drives team engagement and meaningful connection to the company’s values and strategic objectives
- Write, edit, and produce engaging content for publication via various digital media platforms, including written materials, videos, presentations and talking points
- Help bolster company voice and brand in ways that create ambassadors for our points of view
- Drive best practices for organizational communication and alignment in a remote-first environment
- Develop and implement communications processes to support a growing organization
- Work closely with leadership to develop and deliver important and timely messages to global employees
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new ideas to continually improve our internal communications and shared understanding of the company vision, mission, and strategy
- Assist with logistical tasks for employee engagement projects and special events
- Excellent creative skills and an eye for presenting content in fun, creative ways (Think infographics, memes, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Tools (PowerPoint and Word), Microsoft SharePoint, proficient with Slack, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) a plus
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience preferred in high impact corporate communications, employee communications and / or public relations roles with preference for experience within technology companies
- Experience with M&A OR strategic partnership, integration communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude for information organization
- Strong project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities effectively
- Collaborative and team-centric attitude
- Passionate storyteller with excellent content-generation skills
- Understands how to cut through clutter and put people first
- Ability to take initiative to open and close the loop on communications projects
- Excellent skills with tools like PowerPoint and Word, Microsoft SharePoint, proficient with Slack, and other communication platforms
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job