Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
CommerceHub is seeking a professional interested in modern software operations to join our Platform Services Organization. In this role, you will be involved in the complete lifecycle of our products from inception to operation. Working with others in the organization, you will help develop and influence operational tooling, best practices, and standards that empower the engineering organization and help ensure CommerceHub's effective and efficient operations. Working with an individual in the Engineering organization, you will help drive our goals to move to the cloud. We want an individual who has supported and transitioned applications into the cloud, specifically in AWS (Amazon Web Services). An individual who thrives in supporting, improving, and enjoys ensuring the best possible outcomes for the customers!
- AWS Cloud Support: Including application migration support, cost planning, capacity allocation, and application resiliency
- Design, implement, and maintain application monitoring, metrics, and alerting
- Assess and enhance reliability, performance, availability, durability, throughput
- Frequent collaboration with software engineers, product owners, and architects
- Improve automation and operational efficiency
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and root cause analysis
- Release engineering
- Incident and problem management
- Occasional on-call duties
- You have a bachelor's degree, or higher, in Computer Science or related field OR at least 5 years related professional experience
- You have experience with both high-level and scripting languages
- You are passionate about software operations and stay up to date with industry trends; you influence continuous improvement in these areas
- You are highly motivated and quality focused
- You relish solving problems, hunting down bugs and determining root cause
- You can analyze and explore quantitative data, then communicate conclusions
- Have experience troubleshooting and debugging complex, distributed applications
- Can prioritize issues and self-manage a dynamic workload
- You have knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- You have knowledge of Linux container technologies
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- AWS Experience with these services: Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, S3, X-Ray, EC2
- Prior experience with GitLab-CI, GitHub, Chef, Sensu, Jenkins, Site24x7, Ansible, Graphite, Grafana, Sumo
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job