IT Systems Engineer
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
As part of a global IT team, the IT System Engineer designs and implements technical solutions.
- Provide excellent service and communication
- Work with teams across the company to solve and prevent problems
- Handle escalations from the helpdesk other technical teams
- Design, implement, monitor, and maintain Windows and Linux systems
- Perform maintenance on systems
- Lead and contribute to multiple technical projects
- Design and develop scripts to automate tasks
- Create, monitor, and test backup and disaster recovery processes
- Design and implement highly available systems
- Monitor industry news and assess risks
This position may require in-office work.
- Full COVID vaccination is a requirement for employees to work onsite. Supporting documentation will be required.
- 3+ years of experience administering Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with IaaS such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience installing and supporting OS X and Windows systems
- Experience administering Active Directory and Office 365
- Experience with imagining and configuring systems using MDT, Intune, Jamf, or similar
- Strong understanding of network services such as DNS, DHCP, Load Balancers, and VPN
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology concentration OR equivalent experience
- Experience with collaboration and telephony services such as Zoom, Slack, Amazon Connect, and SharePoint
- Experience with VDI, VMWare, Hyper-V, or other similar desktop virtualization technologies
- Experience with automation and configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Rundeck.
- Experience with Atlassian cloud products (JIRA, Confluence, Insight)
- Experience with T-SQL or similar DB languages
- Experience with source control systems such as GitLab, GitHub, and Bitbucket
- Experience with SAML, OpenID Connect, MFA, and other authentication technologies
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job