Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The Sales Engineer is directly responsible for providing technical and subject matter expertise to the sales team and client executives to close new e-commerce and post purchase experience software solutions with industry-leading retail and brand clients.
- Generation of new business with new and existing accounts in collaboration with sales and client management teams
- Lead the sales discovery process for technical, functionality and overall value proposition of our solution
- Assessing potential application of company products or services and offering solutions that meet customer needs
- Prepare and present tailored sales and product demonstrations in person and via Zoom
- Produce needs analysis, requirements, architecture diagrams, high level designs, and sales and technical presentations
- Generate ROI analysis, revenue & cost forecasts, and respond to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Communicate customer feedback to product management for incorporation to future product developments
- Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Team player with ability to collaborate and influence with cross functional teams
- Proven track record supporting sales engineering engagements
- Strong analytical, technical, operational and industry knowledge to provide value and relevance to key client stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize/prioritize client feedback, competitive and industry information to evangelize and provide feedback to improve product and service delivery
- Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business to develop growth strategies for client and CommerceHub
- Excellent communication and boardroom presentation skills. Displays strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Viewed as an expert resource by client, peers and coworkers and has a thorough internal working knowledge of the enterprise
- Leads by example and demonstrates strong decision-making skills, judgment, and business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of sales engineering experience, focused on consultative sales of enterprise software and services sales
- Driven, polished, technology-proficient professional
- Hands-on experience supporting teams closing six-figure contracts against seven-figure targets
- Retail experience and online retailer network preferred
- Knowledge of customer technology challenges within the retail and/or e-commerce industries
- Knowledge of retail partner ecosystem including marketplaces
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job