Director of Industry Strategy
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The Director of Industry Strategy is a unique individual with a deep experience in e-commerce and retail, specifically in the evolution of industry business models, technology, and the associated customer experiences they deliver. This role will be a strategy leader in the company and will evangelize our solutions with internal and external stakeholders. This role will work with our customers as a thought leader and partner as they develop plans to evolve their business models and customer experiences. Our ideal candidate is not only a passionate, experienced strategic leader but thrives in elevating and mentoring others.
- Lead industry evangelism efforts across external and internal audiences
- Support strategic engagement programs with top customers, including product forums and executive events
- Develop “solutioning” approach for customer engagement across the organization, including SME expertise
- Collaborate on industry thought leadership programs, speaking engagements and content development
- Be a leader in the development of our strategic narrative across customer, partner and analyst programs
- Drives alignment with marketing, customer experience, and product on market insights about what’s working and where improvement is needed.
- Advances a growth agenda including driving customer journeys, increasing platform relevance, and adoptable features in partnership with our customer success and product teams
- 10+ years working in e-commerce/ retail with deep understanding of alternative business models and evolution of retail technology
- Successful track record of delivery on strategic initiatives within large e-commerce/ retail organization
- Ability to effectively engage in sales cycle as a strategic asset
- Technical skills
- Public speaking
- Outstanding analytical and communications skills
- BS degree in business, economics, or equivalent work experience
- Business maturity, and strong leadership and listening skills with the ability to analyze input from customers, partners, CommerceHub staff, market and environmental trends, and ability to identify and clearly articulate needs and opportunities for growth
- Ability to influence cross-functional internal and external teams
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job