Director of Platform Engineering
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
We are looking for a leader to run all aspects of our Platform Engineering organization. Platform Engineering is responsible for the various service oriented teams that support product engineering teams rapidly building new features and capabilities. At CommerceHub, Platform Engineering has responsibility for groups like Engineering Success which builds all the internal tooling and infrastructure for our engineering teams, Cloud Services which ensures that the all the vital abstractions exist to build new products rapidly in the cloud as well as core services like search and database infrastructure, Authentication services as well as shared APIs and UI component libraries.
This is a high visibility team looking to help support the high paced growth of over 20 autonomous engineering squads. If you have a passion for leading a set of teams responsible for building scalable, resilient infrastructure in the cloud that enables the engineering organization to do their best work every day, then this is the perfect role for you.
- Lead the various platform engineering teams owning core platform services powering the infrastructure at CommerceHub
- Ensure that your teams are accountable for building secure, performant and fault tolerant automated infrastructure services that power the platform
- Design and the build the SLO, SLA and Incident Management processes ensuring that Engineering has a high bar of operational success as well as leading critical initiatives like DR and multi-regional cloud architectures
- Be able to hire, retain and recruit engineers, particularly in the SRE space, to help the organization achieve its staffing and infrastructure goals
- Ensure that teams have maximum insight into how their products perform with minimal friction through automation and great observability tools
- Experience leading managers in platform engineering and SRE disciplines
- A previous senior IC who has the technical depth to plot a strategic roadmap, has strong technical vision and sound principles through experience in the cloud and infrastructure space
- The ability to work closely with other engineering leaders in the organization to make sure your teams are continuing to help remove friction and increase visibility, performance, security and automation for those teams and the infrastructure they rely on
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job