Principal Data Engineer
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. This role requires someone who is comfortable working across the organization to guide and support our engineers, data scientists, data analysts and product teams. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing our company’s long term cloud data architecture from the ground up to support our products and data initiatives.
Responsible for the following:
Implement and maintain a data architecture built around automated ingestion, data security, compliance, and governance.
Implement the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS data primitives.
Work with stakeholders including the Product, BI and Design teams to assist with data- related technical challenges and support their data infrastructure needs.
Develop both functional and non-functional requirements.
Support analytics through tools, processes, and pipelines.
Build and maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of sources
Participate in full development life cycle including requirements development, implementation, peer review, source control, automated testing, deployment, and operations
Drive corporate policies around the evolution and enforcement of industry data standards and best practices
Mentor other data engineers as well as engineers and business leaders in all aspects of data management, lifecycle, security and compliance.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytics skills related to working with both structured and non-structured datasets.
- Strong working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable data stores such as Amazon Redshift.
- 5+ years experience with AWS cloud services such as SQS, Kinesis, S3, Athena, Redshift.
- 5+ years experience with object-oriented scripting languages such as Python, Scala.
- 10+ years in leadership roles.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating across all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with keen attention to detail.
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job