Director Engineering, Data and Analytics
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
We are looking for a leader to build a world-class data organization to help grow and scale the data and analytics teams at CommerceHub. This role will be responsible for all aspects of Data Engineering, Data Science and Analytics. You have the technical expertise to help architect the future of our data platform running in the cloud as well as lead a variety of data driven teams. You will collaborate with the various business units to drive deep insights into our data sitting on a scalable infrastructure. You will partner with business and product teams to ensure we can get predictive insights supporting the growth of our business. This person also has the unique opportunity to drive our Data Science strategy by leveraging the vast amounts of data we collect opening up unlimited opportunities for innovation.
- Lead the various data teams across Data Platform, Analytics and Data Science
- Ensure that your teams are accountable for building secure, scalable and reliable data infrastructure
- Create a self-service data culture enabling data to be used across the entire company in a secure and scalable way
- Hire, nurture and grow a diverse data-driven team
- Shape and lead our long-term data architecture supporting CommerceHub for years to come
- Create the team and strategy around how AI/ML is leveraged to innovate on new product initiatives
- 5+ years leadership experience in the data domain leading multiple teams, particularly in data infrastructure, analytics and data science
- A previous senior IC who has the technical depth to plot a strategic roadmap, has strong technical vision and sound principles through experience in multiple data disciplines
- The ability to collaborate with all leaders in the organization to drive a strong data culture at the company
- Experience building scalable data platforms using Cloud services
- A self-directed person who can set clear goals for their team, keep their teams accountable and drive a long-term technical roadmap
- A good communicator who can easily navigate the organization and facilitate strategic conversations with key stakeholders
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job