Director of Brand Sales
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The Director of Brand Sales is responsible for generating net new revenue by prospecting targeted brands and successfully closing contracts related to CommerceHub’s ecommerce management software and account services. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving team within an established and successful commerce company focused on helping our clients expand their business and sales channels. Candidate will own and lead prospecting, cultivating, and closing new brand opportunities for the CommerceHub brand business.
The individual we are looking for is independent, proactive, solutions-oriented, and very familiar with ecommerce and 3P marketplace services; ideally from first-hand experience within an ecommerce solution provider, online retailer, or large marketplace (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Target+, eBay. Facebook). The ability to succinctly and confidently identify opportunities for sellers and mapping that to the CommerceHub value chain is essential. The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter and is relentlessly motivated to create and build relationships with key decision makers. This person is adept at identifying new sales opportunities, as well as creating and optimizing sales materials and value presentations to specifically fit the custom needs for a prospect. Additional support of upselling existing customers, experience with the sales nurturing process, and creation of collateral is required.
- Cold & warm calling to brands, sellers, and suppliers
- Identification and segmenting of influencers and decision makers
- Creation of awareness and summary presentation collateral
- Recruitment and enrollment of prospects for demos and webinars
- Upselling and enrollment of customers into new services, marketplaces, and business relationships
- Meeting or exceeding monthly/annual sales performance metrics
- Facilitation and support of operational setup and launch of users post contract
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, MBA Preferred
- At least 7 years in progressive sales experience, 10+ preferred
- Cold calling and outbound telephone and email sales experience
- Verified experience in negotiating commercial terms and navigating the contracting process
- Strong familiarity with ecommerce and online retailing
- Ability to summarize complex needs and situations with efficiency
- Strong organization, presentation, writing and verbal skills
- Familiarity with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce, SalesLoft, HubSpot)
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with dropship, order management, 3PL, or other ecommerce platforms a plus
- Experience selling and demoing remotely over Zoom, WebEx, or other video solutions
- Demonstrated network in the retail and ecommerce space
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job