Staff Engineer – Engineering Success
Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
We are looking for a senior engineer to bring technical leadership to a newly formed Engineering Success team. This team is responsible for providing the tooling and cross-cutting infrastructure empowering all the engineers working on the new products that we develop build and ship every day. This is a high impact and high visibility role that is helping bring world class tooling to the broader engineering organization. If you enjoy innovating on tools, build systems and cloud infrastructure automation, then read on to see how you can have a massive impact on our organization.
- Ensure engineers at CommerceHub continually have outstanding developer tooling to enable the rapid growth and expansion of our teams and products
- Build and expand the CI/CD systems to support all the applications being developed at CommerceHub
- Partner with engineering leads to ensure that our process for new engineers enables them to be productive and effective through an onboarding experience engineers will rave about
- Work closely with our cloud infrastructure to build abstractions for engineers enabling the teams to iterate quickly with minimal friction
- 6+ years in a senior engineering role, operating as a tech lead working on developer tooling and cloud infrastructure
- Experience building, optimizing and scaling CI/CD systems, automated deployment workflows and developer tooling
- A passion for helping enable engineering teams do their best work every day and holding yourself accountable to their success
- A person who can thrive in a highly autonomous and self-directed environment
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply for this Job