Help Desk Technician II
We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures, and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
The Help Desk Technician II provides end user support, solving day-to-day issues for CommerceHub’s internal staff. This is a mid-level position in the Productivity Engineering and Support team.
Responsible for the following:
- Responding to requests for assistance and providing support and advice to users regarding CommerceHub’s end user computing environment and supporting services
- Coordinating with other teams to resolve issues, as needed
- Setting up and maintaining end user computing devices used for internal and remote access
- Coordinating environment rollouts for new employees, including: establishing users, Windows and/or Mac systems, directories, and security; deploying VoIP phones; maintaining deployment documentation
- Acquiring, installing, and troubleshooting software and hardware
- Using the help desk ticketing system to respond to requests
- Installing, upgrading, and configuring network printing
- Managing end use device patches and anti-virus deployments
- Managing company issued mobile devices
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the end-user environment
- Experience creating and pushing out custom packages via Intune, Jamf or similar applications
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose computers, contact support and setup service when required
- Support audio/visual/telephony service technologies such as Zoom, WebEx calling, Slack, Amazon Connect, meeting room equipment and troubleshooting quality issues
- Managing virtual machines used by end users for testing and application development
- Ordering and inventorying supplies on a recurring basis
- Configure email accounts and troubleshoot mail flow issues with Microsoft Exchange/O365
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with Global Protect VPN, setup and configure Meraki VPN’s and other related technologies
- Administer the Verizon cell phone portal, ability to contact support, transfer/release lines and diagnose problems
- Manage access provisioning within Active Directory such as creating user accounts, security groups, service accounts, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by taking on special projects
- Additional duties relating to CommerceHub’s internal systems, as needed
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- This position requires in-office work. Full COVID vaccination is a requirement for employees to work onsite. Supporting documentation will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology concentration OR equivalent experience desired
- At least 2 years’ experience in technical support capacity
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and squat in order to move and install various equipment.
- Experience with imaging, managing and supporting software and hardware using MDT, Intune, Jamf or similar applications
- Strong technical understanding and experience in Microsoft Windows 10 in an Active Directory environment, Windows applications and Office 365
- Strong networking knowledge especially as it relates to DNS, DHCP and commonly used protocols such as TCP/UDP.
- Experience with collaboration and audio/visual technologies
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, high-performance team environment
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role.