VP Product Design
We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures, and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
As the VP of Product Design, you will be responsible for leading a team of designers across all of our product squads as well as working with our Product Leaders as an individual contributor on product design innovation and ideation. At varying times this involves creating a vision, establishing a roadmap, and ensuring a high level of product quality. You will be responsible for the creation of elegant and strategic products and ensuring we are building a design system that scales.
What You'll Own
- Set the design strategy and vision for your area, offering a compelling design perspective that influences your cross-functional partners.
- Coach and advocate for your team—inspiring and elevating them to their highest potential. Provide regular feedback and guidance, setting a high quality bar and help other team members rise to it.
- Lead design sprints and workshops in order to solve complex problems across the organization and drive bold innovative thinking.
- Oversee and manage design delivery for product features and new product development. Partner with Product Management and Engineering leaders in resource planning and work sequencing.
- Ensure organizational visibility into the work your team is doing and facilitate collaboration by infusing the culture with a design thinking mindset.
What We're Looking For
- Master of Craft – 10+ years experience shipping digital product design with an outstanding portfolio that showcases your mastery of typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Strategic Thinker – You think about the big picture and can help others connect their work to business strategy through effective written and verbal communication.
- Iterative – You understand that designs are ever-evolving and seek impact over perfection.
- Mentor – You have experience mentoring and giving healthy feedback to team members to help them grow.
- Design Systems Advocate – You are familiar with Design Systems and have a passion for evangelizing them.
- Highly Collaborative – You know how to build cross-disciplinary support, particularly with product, engineering, and marketing, to deliver a best-in-class experience
- Data-Driven – You proactively seek out qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and improve your designs.
- User-Centric – You are familiar with user research methodologies, have participated in user research and/or testing, and have experience generating design prototypes for user testing purposes.
- Remote-First – You are living wherever you want and are excited about the all remote lifestyle.
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role.