We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures, and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
CommerceHub? You may not have heard of us. We are behind the scenes powering virtually every retailer in America fuel their e-commerce hub. For the last 20 years we have been heads down and focusing on our customers resulting in a strong, healthy history.
With our most recent investment, we are aggressively expanding to solve even more problems for our blue-chip customers across e-commerce. We believe there are a lot of problems to be solved, a lot of work to be done and a lot of growth to be had well beyond the last $1.9B investment valuation.
Given the reach we have across the industry, we have assembled one of the most unique data assets in the world of ecommerce. As the VP of Data, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end data stack for the entire company, including the data platform, data engineering, and data science. You’ll also be responsible for our current and future customer-facing products built from our data assets. Your work will help us build the best products for our customers for the next 20 years.
One other element that sets this opportunity apart is that our CEO comes from a strong engineering and data background, having previously built data platforms for some of the largest services on the internet. So the successful candidate for this role will have no trouble gaining support from the top of the organization.
Location: CommerceHub is remote first organization, so the successful candidate can work from anywhere across the US.
- Lead, manage all members of the data team across the company.
- Responsible for the end-to-end data platform, including data collection, data storage, data preparation, data engineering, and the data warehouse platforms.
- Curate, design and catalogue high quality data models to ensure that data is accessible, reliable, and accurate.
- Enable all data consumption workflows across the company, such as data analysis, metric reporting, machine learning, reporting dashboards, and others.
- Responsible for building, operating, and improving all customer-facing data products, such as our current Insights product and other new products planned on the roadmap to be built.
- Provide data-driven insight and decision-making critical to business processes, in order to expose data in a scalable and effective manner
- Understand existing and potential data sets in both an engineering and business context
- Deploy modern data management tools to curate our most important data sets, models and processes, while identifying areas for process automation and further efficiencies
- Evaluate, select and acquire new internal & external data sets that contribute to business decision making
- Engineer streaming data processing pipelines
- Engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs
- Working knowledge of more than one modern data stack (AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, Cloudera, Data Robot, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications
- Deep understanding of multidimensionality of data, data curation and data quality, such as traceability, security, performance latency and correctness across supply and demand processes
- In-depth knowledge of modern data structures and modern data warehousing patterns
- General knowledge of business processes, data flows and the quantitative models that generate or consume data
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter expert to extract critical business concepts
- Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role.