We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
At CommerceHub, we’re passionate about designing, building, and continuously improving our innovative products, which power much of eCommerce. With our solutions, we seek to increase our customers’ ability to craft high-performing, consumer-focused eCommerce programs. Design plays a crucial role in ensuring our users can extract the full value of what we have to offer. The UX/UI Designer’s role is to work with product managers, engineers, and other designers to create the biggest design impact.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for the following:
- Learning and discovery: You’ll translate user research, evidence, and analytics into effective design decisions. You’re able to validate designs for ease of use and ability to deliver real value to our users.
- Collaborative feature and flow design: With a focus on outcomes, you’ll contribute design and user flows for product and engineering, on one or more product teams. You’ll collaborate with business and engineering on day-to-day design projects, while continually defining and specifying presentation and behavior in the form of wireframes and documentation for engineering.
- Design validation: You’ll employ a "validation stack" (Theory, Research and Evidence) to support your designs. You’ll use this to vet your ideas before proposing them. Looking at real data, conducting user testing and research, reviewing analytics, this is how you’ll evaluate the efficacy of your ideas.
- Design Direction: You’ll provide design direction and post-development design reviews on user-facing engineering projects. You’ll also be available to answer clarifying questions as they come up. You’ll work with Product Managers on challenges to your designs and provide design rationales and iterations to effectively balance user needs with the pressures of technology and business.
- Continual refinement and improvement: You’ll develop tools and processes to constantly improve usability and create functional, simple solutions to complex issues. You’ll think through user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus on the needs of key users.
- Prioritization: You’ll prioritize the components of user value against competing forces. You’ll work to deliver experiences that are not only functional, but also discoverable, usable, useful, credible, accessible, and desirable.
- Presenting your work: You jump at the chance to share what you’ve done and can provide a strong rationale for the decisions you have made.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Previous work experience in a research/design role for product development, or in a web agency setting. A degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related field is a plus.
- Empathy, curiosity, and critical thinking. You gain satisfaction from taking on other people’s problems and finding ways to help them achieve their goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of web app design best practices and principles
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to design clean, modern, and thoughtful UIs and experiences, across differing browsers and devices.
- Able to work autonomously, and multitask in dynamic environments.
- Exceptional collaborator, communicator (written and verbal), and influencer.
- Passion for excellence and a keen appreciation for the details that make up a great experience.
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.