Senior Contracts Manager
We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
We are looking for a talented, creative, energetic, tech-savvy, and self-motivated commercial contracts manager with at least 10 years of relevant experience to join the in-house legal team of a high-growth, e-commerce technology company. This position will report into the company's General Counsel (with direction from other lawyers on the team) and will work cross-functionally with executives and stakeholders across all company departments to drive business growth. The position is ideal for someone with a strong background in technology licensing, procurement, paralegal skills, with well-developed writing, communication, and negotiation skills, who enjoys a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to develop new skills.
With the supervision and direction of in-house counsel:
- Negotiate, analyze, review and manage a wide range of contract documents and related materials, including agreements and renewal forms for the company’s technology offerings, non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, procurement agreements and other documents to meet the company objectives.
- Manage and serve as the first line of legal department support for the in-house procurement team.
- Assist in the improvement and management of agreement templates, policies and processes to address and streamline recurring and anticipated business needs; make recommendations on contracting matters.
- Support in-house counsel in data security and privacy matters (e.g., security questionnaires, data protection agreements, business associate agreements, SLAs, privacy shield submissions, etc.); work cross-functionally with information security team to document and respond to data deletion/production correction requests and manage related processes.
- Manage, standardize and streamline processes for RFP submissions and other cross-functional initiatives
- Assist with insurance policy applications, questionnaires, insurance certificate requests and related process management.
- Assist with bankruptcy proofs of claim and other submissions, provide administrative litigation support where needed.
- Manage, prepare and review required notice letters, certifications, and administrative filings, including maintaining a process for calendaring deadlines for related compliance.
- Work cross-functionally with finance team to track and record executed transactions; manage and maintain customer contracts database to ensure signed contracts are appropriately archived and easily accessible.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external clients to efficiently drive the contract review and approval process to conclusion.
- Provide support on transactional business development initiatives.
- Conduct various projects and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal team analyzing, managing, and negotiating contracts.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills (including with regard to contract negotiation) and the ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
- Experience with e-commerce, privacy and data protection matters, and experience working with international sales teams, are a plus.
- Must be resourceful, inquisitive, and driven to learn new skills and gain a deep understanding of the company's business.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities with attention to detail.
- Must be a team player with superior interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, sense of humor and the ability to work effectively in a social and highly collaborate environment.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Slack, SharePoint and DocuSign.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They do not constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so assigned.
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.