We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
The Instructional Designer will develop and deliver onsite and remote training for internal staff and end users. The Instructional Designer will also be responsible for building and maintaining course curricula in multiple formats, gathering metrics regarding learning initiatives, and assessing the effectiveness of training.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the following:
- Create engaging course content that directs users to targeted learning objectives through the levels of learning.
- Collaborate with product and subject matter experts to develop training curriculum for internal and external user training materials.
- Conduct training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to company products, workflow, and reports; understanding user specific functions and tasks.
- Conduct customer and employee training using a variety of delivery methods including, but not limited to training videos, eLearning courses, written content, classroom, and teleconference sessions.
- Articulate technical concepts, how they map to product features, and how the feature can solve customer business problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Make updates to training courses based on feedback and observations.
- Design and administer assessments to certify understanding of course material.
- Set training schedule and coordinate logistics.
- Track, prepare, and distribute training assessments and outcomes.
- BA/BS degree in related field required. Master’s in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of adult training or teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing training videos using video editing software. Experience using Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Cloud suite, or similar products strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build curricula and respond to evolving product requirements and end user needs, including foreign language and internationalization requirements.
- Demonstrated experience designing e-Learning courses and assessments.
- Demonstrate outstanding technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Be an engaging, confident public speaker, particularly in an instructional setting.
- Excellent decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be able to work efficiently in a time-sensitive environment, both as part of a team and independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning methodologies and how to apply those in growing and fast-paced environments.
- Strong knowledge and experience establishing metrics and reporting to assess and track results.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to high quality work, with a strong focus on internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate creative thinking and a willingness to implement new approaches.
- Maintain composure in critical situations and communicates well with both internal and external clients.
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.) preferred.
- Lean, six sigma, or other process improvement methodology experience. Certification is preferred.
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Commerce, Retail industry and/or supply chain experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Scrum Agile methodology and SDLC processes is a strong plus.
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.