We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
The DevOps Team helps the engineers at CommerceHub take their effectiveness to a higher level by offering internally and cloud hosted development and operations tooling and support. We provide source control, binary repository management, continuous integration, monitoring, provisioning, log aggregation, automation, reviewing/auditing, and metrics tools. The combination of these tools and services can greatly decrease the overhead of operations tasks enabling the software engineering teams to get back to fixing the problems they want to be working on. Our goal is to offer one-stop shopping, allowing engineers to pick from a collection of self-serve solutions that will allow them to be up and running in the minimal amount of time and not have to worry about maintaining the systems their solutions rely on. We also collaborate on and advocate for the best DevOps practices across the engineering organization.
- You will support the engineering teams with infrastructure and tools for automatically building, deploying and running applications with a goal of 100% automation and observability.
- Automate the process of standing up and tearing down environments, and focus on instrumenting the monitoring and metrics required to maintain long-term high availability.
- You are able to context switch from writing a new service one day, resolving an issue with continuous delivery the next, and then implement a process for a new team to deploy software into AWS.
- You want to stretch beyond Software Engineering into a position where you can manage virtual environments, and then write the code required so that you never have to do it manually again.
- You are able to recognize issues with legacy environments and are not afraid to design and implement a new solution from the ground up.
- From code, to compile, to test, to deployment, you are enthusiastic about the software lifecycle beyond just writing code.
- You have experience as a: Systems Engineer, Systems Architect, SRE, DevOps Engineer, IT Engineer, or Software Engineer
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative/Agile environment with other DevOps team members as well as all of software engineering.
- You have the ability to operate independently and self-prioritize work.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and help foster a collegial environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Strong knowledge of Linux system internals
- Medium programming skills, preferably in a scripting language such as Python
Helpful skills and experience
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef, etc)
- Candidates applying for the DevOps team are suggested to have knowledge of software build and deployment platforms
- Windows server administration
- Repository hosting tools (Git and GitLab, BitBucket)
- CI/CD automation tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Monitoring tools (Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix, DataDog, etc)
- Cloud environments (AWS specifically, though Azure or GCP knowledge would translate)
- Terraform, CloudFormation
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.