Business Development Representative
We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
*We are a remote first company and this role is remote. We have employees located throughout the US. Albany, NY is our HQ.
The primary responsibility of this role is to help turn leads into qualified opportunities. You will be partnering with marketing to create and execute on outbound lead generation campaigns. This position requires heavy outbound phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with the Strategic Partnerships Director (SPD) to generate new opportunities. You will be expected to report on call and qualification activity in addition to staying thoroughly informed on all CommerceHub solutions and the retail / brand logistics industry in general. This role is ideal for anyone who is highly interactive. We want a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment, deliver messaging and product feedback back into the marketing and product organization and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
Responsible for the following:
- Develop enterprise opportunities for the sales team from prospecting and marketing-generated leads
- Interact with prospects via telephone, email and social with high attention to detail
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Refine and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including email and call scripts
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity in a CRM tool
- Quickly learn the CommerceHub product, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate SPD, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Have 2-3 years of proven excellence in business development, inside sales and/or sales
- Experience in SAAS software is strongly desired
- Experience using a CRM tool
- Experience using dialer/cadence tools would be a strong plus
- Strong understanding of BDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process
- 100% reliable and detail-oriented. A drive to execute flawlessly.
- A positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic.
- Driven and self-sufficient
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.