We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are a team of collaborators, communicators, technologists and innovators. Creative, fun and hardworking, our team is committed to providing our customers with a great experience. Work/life balance is built into our culture. We give ample time to recharge and enjoy life outside the office. We recognize our accomplishments; we learn from our failures and we support each other and our customers no matter what. We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do and value hard work and integrity. We invite you to join the Hub!
Commerce Technologies LLC d.b.a CommerceHub in Albany, NY, seeks a Software Engineer to work both in a team environment as well as individually to improve on processes, quality and techniques with the goal of producing the highest quality software solutions in the industry.
- Analyze and create design documents for new and existing features;
- Develop REST APIs and Applications using Java and Groovy in Dropwizard, Spring and Grails frameworks;
- Automate backend tests in Spock framework using Java and Groovy language;
- Build simple and intuitive User Interfaces in ReactJS including HTML, CSS, AJAX and jQuery;
- Perform automate tests for front end components using Mocha, Geb and Selenium framework;
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools such as Spock, Geb framework;
- Create SQL queries to fetch records from database, competent using SQL Server Management Studio;
- Provide risk analysis, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms;
- Automate builds using Gradle, deployment pipeline using GIT lab and Jenkins;
- Create custom scripts in Ruby to reduce the need for human intervention;
- Configure new machines and managing environments using CHEF and AWS;
- Actively engage in code and design reviews with peers; and
- Managing code and workflow using GIT lab and JIRA and IntelliJ respectively.
Requirements: Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field. The successful candidate must have two years of experience in developing dynamic Web applications using:
- Java, and SQL;
- HTML, CSS, AJAX;
- A robust health and wellness program
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Culture and team-building activities
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
- Competitive time off package with front-loaded PTO and paid sick leave
- Four weeks paid parental (bonding) leave
- Floating holidays
- A paid volunteer day
- Eight company holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates from every background will be considered based on skills, experience and other business factors.
EOE, including Disability/Veterans
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.