Help Desk Technician I
CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
Key job responsibilities may include:
- Responding to requests for assistance and providing support and advice to users regarding CommerceHub’s end user computing environment and supporting services
- Coordinating with other teams to resolve issues, as needed
- Setting up and maintaining end user computing devices used for internal and remote access
- Coordinating environment rollouts for new employees, including establishing users, Windows and/or Mac systems, directories, and security; deploying applications; maintaining deployment documentation
- Acquiring, installing, and troubleshooting software and hardware
- Using the help desk ticketing system to respond to requests
- Managing end user device patches and anti-virus deployments
- Managing company issued mobile devices
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the end-user compute strategy
- Experience creating and pushing out custom packages via SCCM, Intune/Endpoint Manager, Jamf Cloud or similar applications
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose computers, contact support and setup service when required
- Support audio/visual collaboration technologies such as Webex Meetings, Slack, Webex Calling and troubleshooting end user issues
- Managing virtual machines used by end users for testing and application development
- Ordering and inventorying supplies on a recurring basis
- Configure email accounts and troubleshoot mail flow issues with Microsoft Exchange/O365
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with Global Protect VPN and other related technologies
- Administer the Verizon cell phone portal, ability to contact support, transfer/release lines and diagnose problems
- Manage access provisioning within Active Directory such as creating user accounts, security groups, service accounts, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by taking on special projects
- Additional duties relating to CommerceHub’s internal systems, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology concentration or equivalent experience desired
- At least 1 year experience in technical support capacity
- Experience with imaging, managing and supporting software and hardware using SCCM, Intune, Jamf Cloud or similar applications
- Strong technical understanding and experience in Microsoft Windows 10 in an Active Directory environment, Windows applications and Office 365
- Strong networking knowledge especially as it relates to DNS, DHCP and commonly used protocols such as TCP/UDP.
- Experience with collaboration and audio/visual technologies
- Experience in automating and scripting languages such as PowerShell and Python
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, high-performance team environment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks while meeting commitments in a timely fashion
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and squat in order to move and install various equipment.
- Experience with Jira, Jira Service Desk and Confluence a plus
- A+ and Microsoft certifications area a plus but not required
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.