CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
At CommerceHub, we’re passionate about designing, building, and continuously improving our innovative products, which power much of eCommerce. With our solutions, we seek to increase our customers’ ability to craft high-performing, consumer-focused eCommerce programs. Design plays a crucial role in ensuring our users can extract the full value of what we have to offer. The UX/UI Designer’s role is to work with product managers, engineers, and other designers to create the biggest design impact.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for the following:
- Learning and discovery: You’ll translate user research, evidence, and analytics into effective design decisions. You’re able to validate designs for ease of use and ability to deliver real value to our users.
- Collaborative feature and flow design: With a focus on outcomes, you’ll contribute design and user flows for product and engineering, on one or more product teams. You’ll collaborate with business and engineering on day-to-day design projects, while continually defining and specifying presentation and behavior in the form of wireframes and documentation for engineering.
- Design validation: You’ll employ a "validation stack" (Theory, Research and Evidence) to support your designs. You’ll use this to vet your ideas before proposing them. Looking at real data, conducting user testing and research, reviewing analytics, this is how you’ll evaluate the efficacy of your ideas.
- Design Direction: You’ll provide design direction and post-development design reviews on user-facing engineering projects. You’ll also be available to answer clarifying questions as they come up. You’ll work with Product Managers on challenges to your designs and provide design rationales and iterations to effectively balance user needs with the pressures of technology and business.
- Continual refinement and improvement: You’ll develop tools and processes to constantly improve usability and create functional, simple solutions to complex issues. You’ll think through user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus on the needs of key users.
- Prioritization: You’ll prioritize the components of user value against competing forces. You’ll work to deliver experiences that are not only functional, but also discoverable, usable, useful, credible, accessible, and desirable.
- Presenting your work: You jump at the chance to share what you’ve done and can provide a strong rationale for the decisions you have made.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Previous work experience in a research/design role for product development, or in a web agency setting. A degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related field is a plus.
- Empathy, curiosity, and critical thinking. You gain satisfaction from taking on other people’s problems and finding ways to help them achieve their goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of web app design best practices and principles
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to design clean, modern, and thoughtful UIs and experiences, across differing browsers and devices.
- Able to work autonomously, and multitask in dynamic environments.
- Exceptional collaborator, communicator (written and verbal), and influencer.
- Passion for excellence and a keen appreciation for the details that make up a great experience.
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.