CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
The Account Director’s primary role is to lead their team, partners, and client stakeholders to define strategies to meet business goals. They are responsible to regularly review client performance with their team, looking both for areas of concern as well as identifying opportunities for growth. They will build and maintain strong relationships with client accounts, negotiate contracts, and close agreements to maximize CommerceHub profit for assigned accounts and those assigned to their team. They must manage their resources, personnel and account profitability to meet CommerceHub requirements.
Responsible for the following:
- Lead your team, partners, and client stakeholders to assess, define and refine various strategies and tactics to deliver against business goals. Build commitment and consensus among client sponsors, influencers, operational contributors and financial stakeholders.
- Develop and manage executive relationships with all critical touch points within enterprise clients including: ecommerce, marketing, merchandising, technology and operations
- Develop, manage and execute strategic account plans to optimize use and deployment of relevant CommerceHub solutions. Actively identify and pursue revenue opportunities that deepen our relationships with our clients.
- Serve as primary owner of all CommerceHub services for assigned account portfolio and that of your team.
- Manage personnel utilization and profitability of assigned accounts to meet CommerceHub goals.
- Regularly review client performance with team, looking both for areas of concern as well as identifying opportunities for growth
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize CommerceHub profit for your assigned accounts and those assigned to your team.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to add value to the client and maximize CommerceHub profit.
- Work with your team to drive cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the CommerceHub network
- Work with Corporate and Product Marketing to create, edit and vet material as needed for product and service promotion
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your assigned accounts. This includes being the primary strategist and advocate at CommerceHub for your client.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships and be seen as a trusted advisor. Continually looking for opportunities to show value to the client.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives.
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic recommendations on behalf of our clients
- Coordinate with the client's marketing and merchandising/promo calendars to ensure that the online marketing is in sync with the retailer's messaging
- Perform in-depth quantitative analyses of customer accounts
- Work with clients and internal teams on these strategic recommendations to determine objectives, establish key performance indicators, and timelines.
- Track these objectives, key performance indicators and proactively work to ensure they are meet and exceeded.
- Implement necessary account optimizations as a result of ongoing performance analysis
- Ensure client success through periodic re-evaluation of their goals and objectives.
- Generate and prepare performance reports, providing analysis and execute on that analysis to ensure positive growth where appropriate
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Provide feedback, insight, and add value on reports that will be delivered to clients
- Perform additional duties as required
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- /B.S degree (Business or Marketing preferred)
- 7+ years of experience and demonstrated success in managing client performance in an online retail or direct-to-consumer setting
- 3+ years of experience in contract and sales terms drafting, negotiation tactics and navigating legal and finance processes
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction based on the analysis
- Strong understanding of online marketing venues, strategies and best practices
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high attentiveness to detail
- Results-oriented, collaborative work style
- High client empathy and ability to work well with others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Successful management of client performance with large enterprise accounts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, solid problem-solving skills, and demonstrated teamwork skills
Additionally, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience managing programs on marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Jet or Walmart preferred
- Familiarity with e-commerce analytics software to evaluate retail marketing, sales transactions, and customer data
- Familiarity with software as a service (SaaS) business models, Web Services, and basic XML understanding a plus
- Skilled in account analysis and the use of analytical tools such as MS Excel
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.