CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
We’re looking for someone who is eager to join a fast-growing company and contribute to the continued success of the accounting team. You will build relationships with all departments and levels throughout the organization, ensure accurate and timely reporting and help maintain compliance with the Company’s financial policies. Duties will include processing and reporting on transactions with vendors and customers, preparing entries and month-end reconciliations in several key areas and assisting the team with internal and external requests to management and auditors.
Responsible for the following:
- Preparing journal entries and the month-end reconciliations in several key areas, including: cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals, prepaids, and fixed assets;
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on payments to vendors;
- Assisting with billing and collections efforts, as needed;
- Ensuring fixed assets are properly recorded and in line with company policy;
- Assisting employees with expense reimbursements;
- Supporting the team with internal and external requests from management and auditors; and
- Other projects, as needed.
Successful candidates for the position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience preferred;
- Understanding of accounting rules and a month-end close process;
- Highly detail-oriented and organized;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player and customer service focus;
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction; and
- Proficiency with NetSuite and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.