Senior Data Scientist
CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
The Senior Data Scientist will be a critical contributor to enabling the CommerceHub Business Intelligence Team to leverage data both derived from CommerceHub’s own platform as well as gathered from third parties. The goal of using this data is to identify opportunities to generate additional company revenue, to detect statistically significant changes in performance that should drive corrective actions and to derive insights for use in industry publications and company marketing materials.
The Senior Data Scientist must be an expert in advanced statistics, must be able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders throughout the organization and must have the ability to clearly and concisely convey complex findings in a way that can be easily understood. The Senior Data Scientist should also have substantial skills in programming (e.g., R or Python) and database development (e.g., SQL, ETL, etc.). Ideally, the candidate will also have experience in the retail industry.
Responsible for the following:
- Work with Business Intelligence analysts to implement impactful and intuitive analytics to external and internal customers on a wide variety of datasets including sales data and supplier performance KPIs
- Drive the use of network data in predictive analytics across the company
- Conduct research and development both independently and under the advice from company stakeholders
- Deliver vetted opportunities for revenue growth to Executives
- Collaborate with Product team, Business Intelligence and/or Engineering to implement solutions
- Assist in maintaining and refining existing predictive models
- Make recommendations on continuous improvement of BI output and processes
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- 5-10 years of experience, with domain experience in retail strongly preferred
- Experience in operations research, mathematics, and/or statistics in an industrial/applied environment
- Experience with conducting independent research and development
- Professional knowledge of linear programming, discrete optimization, stochastic methods, econometric and other scientific methods and techniques
- Must possess strong knowledge of desktop business software, specifically Excel
- Working knowledge of ecommerce, supply chain and information systems
- Robust analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to think on a systemic level
Technical abilities required:
Additional abilities considered a plus:
- T- SQL
- Analysis Services tabular models
- Power BI
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.