CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
As a Data Engineer embedded in a team of software engineers you are a technologist who brings general engineering practices to the specialty areas of data and information. In this role you will be responsible for designing, implement, and optimizing data models and queries. You will be responsible for working on everything from data storage, consumption, integration, processing and analytics. You will work directly with software engineers, data architects, operations, and data scientists on broad initiatives.
- Our team is comprised of very talented and highly motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder.
- We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done.
- We aim for operational excellence, having a DevOps culture and a “you build it, you run it” mentality.
- We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban depending on the directive of the team.
- We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tech stack to make sure we are providing software of the highest quality.
- Continuous delivery is important to us and we are constantly looking to improve our automated testing and continuous integration.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent professional experience.
- You have advanced working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- You have experience with "big data" technologies and use cases; familiar with data lake and data warehouse concepts.
- You have strong analytics skills related to working with both structured and non-structured data sets.
- You are familiar with concepts such as ETL and data pipelines.
- You are passionate about software and stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- You have a breadth of knowledge and experience with established as well as emerging data technologies.
- You have specific knowledge and skills around data store and database technologies, data formats, data modeling, and data analytics.
- You are highly motivated and quality focused.
- You are results driven and embrace change.
- You can prioritize issues and self-manage a dynamic workload.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Key job responsibilities may include
- Understanding, utilizing, and providing guidance on key data store and database technologies
- Participating in full development life cycle including requirements development, implementation, peer review, source control, deployment, and operations
- Collaborating across teams to design for both functional and non-functional requirements, understanding business processes, and cross-functional development
- Reviewing and performance tuning complex queries
- Assembly of large, complex data sets
- Optimizing and automating data-related processes
- Understanding and helping to design for both functional and non-functional requirements
- Utilizing cloud technologies (AWS)
- Contributing to the evolution and enforcement of industry data standards and best practices
- Supporting production operations via on-call support
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.