Senior Software Engineer in Test
CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
A Senior Software Engineer in Test (SrSEIT) is a master of their craft. The SrSEIT takes ownership of the total quality of their team’s applications and services with little direction from management. They possess knowledge of all phases of testing within the SDLC, are effective communicators, and are proactive in test planning and execution.
You will work with software development, project management, product management, and support teams to improve the quality and performance of our applications. You will have a passion to ensure high-quality products and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment where you are comfortable pursuing ideas that make our products and processes better. You see the larger context, understand the trade-offs between completeness in testing and the need to move forward, and can weigh risk effectively to make the right choices. You will identify what is the most practical approach for the given situation, and understand that the level of practicality needs to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Responsible for the following:
- Highly experienced and effective software tester
- Lead the testing strategy for large projects/products
- Understand risks and lead the team in assessing tradeoffs when it is not possible to test everything or automate every test
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide understandable answers to technology related questions
- Provide direction/self-direction – can be a mentor to junior SEITs
- Take large projects and break them down into smaller tasks and estimate testing efforts
- Influence process and cultural direction of their team
- Aid in prioritizing tasks
- Provide risk analysis and support for seamless product release
- Develop metrics that measure the quality of our software development process and inform efforts to improve it
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study or 4-6 yrs of equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Experience writing test plans
Additionally, the following is preferred:
- Experience writing Requirements Traceability Matrix documents
- Experience with SCM tools (eg, Mercurial, Git)
- Experience working in an Agile or DevOps environment
- Experience with Jira or similar tools
- Experience testing web-based, REST APIs, and/or batch processing applications
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to review Java or Groovy test scripts is a plus
- Experience authoring and executing SQL statements
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.