Technical Process Solution Specialist
CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
Software development with a specialization in data transformation. This position requires programming aptitudes and experience combined with a solid understanding of the data and messaging involved in conducting automated business-to-business transactions.
You’ll need to draw on your programming experience and be prepared to implement solutions in multiple environments using a variety of tools and languages. You should have a solid IT background with programming or data mapping experience; flexibility and a willingness to learn new techniques and technologies; and an ability to work independently from specifications to code, test and document high-quality processes that deliver needed functionality.
The Technical Process Solutions Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Perform critical review technical specifications quickly, identifying any gaps or ambiguity that need to be addressed prior to coding
- Support multiple projects in parallel across multiple project managers
- Manage time to provide high-quality project deliverables on schedule with interim status updates
- Write code to provide functionality around data transformation specifications
- Perform support / maintenance on existing processes
- Learn and adopt new technologies and techniques as directed by IT management
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- 4 year BS degree or BA with IT focus
- Software development: 3+ years developing code for automated processing systems. Java and Data Translation engines (e.g. WebSphere WTX) a plus.
- Familiarity with X12 EDI, XML and other proprietary data syntaxes and standards.
- Experience with SQL database design and access: Understanding of relational database models, data types, SQL query writing, stored procedures, etc.
- Strong communication skill, both oral and written
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Business accounting: knowledge of standard business transaction types, A/R, A/P, Inventory, General Ledger and financial reporting.
- Application Configuration and/or Training responsibilities: involvement with complex Business Application software products (e.g. ERP, Manufacturing, Order / Inventory management)
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.