Customer Support Supervisor
CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
Reports to: Customer Support Manager
The Supervisor, Customer Support is responsible for leading the team in providing outstanding support to our customers. We’re looking for a self-driven individual with previous supervisor experience who is open to learning, coaching and mentoring others. Responsible for delivering high standards of service to internal and external customers by making the most effective and efficient use of the staff and technology resources. The supervisor will measure, monitor, analyze and plan improvements to the team’s performance. CommerceHub strives to impress every client with exceptional, immediate and personalized support performed with sincerity and enthusiasm.
Responsible for the following:
- Managing the team to ensure optimum productivity and quality, while meeting the changing demands of our customers and our business
- Identifying and implementing innovative process changes, tooling or training approaches that increase team productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Supporting team and individual development: coaching (providing regular, specific and relevant feedback), training, mentoring, conducting performance reviews, and formulating career development plans
- Leading and motivating the team
- Setting team goals and objectives
- Planning and developing detailed work instructions, procedures, and standards; ensuring team members are equipped to perform work according to those standards
- Making operational decisions under pressure
- Analyzing data and statistics; isolating and identifying areas of improvement
- Maintaining metrics on overall customer satisfaction
- Handling and resolving customer complaints and issues
- Disseminating information to the team to support upcoming enhancements and during production incidents
- Participate in management after-hours coverage
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of Associate's degree; Bachelor’s degree desired.
- 3+ years supervisory experience with a customer service, technical support, or business operations team dealing with external customers.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong ability to think strategically and analyze information timely and accurately.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to deal effectively with customers, associates and all levels of management within the organization.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple & changing priorities.
- Organizational and team development.
- Experience with call center management, ticketing, CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and ACD systems (specifically Amazon Connect). Working knowledge of Salesforce and associated workflow applications, and the Confluence suite of tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office – specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Intermediate to advance working knowledge of Excel – this includes at minimum the practical application of pivot tables and pivot charts, v-lookup function, create, modify, and format charts, grouping and ungrouping of datasets.
- Willing and able to travel to customer locations as requested as a company representative
- Understanding of data structures, file formatting (EDI, XML, and Flat File), communication protocols (AS2, FTP, HTTP), and SQL preferred
- Fluent in German and/or Spanish preferred
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.