Vice President, Sales
CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
Responsible for acquisition of net new e-Commerce retail clients. This “hunter” role will focus on traditional sales process including prospecting, cold calling, and networking at the VP & C-level of retail e-Commerce / multi-channel retailers, pitching new business, articulating CommerceHub’s unique value proposition, conducting discovery and due diligence, and ultimately closing new contracts and coordination of the implementation process before the new client is handed off to the professional services and client engagement teams for on-going management and development.
Responsible for the following:
- Serve as the new client acquisition leader for named prospect accounts.
- Develop, manage and execute strategic sales plans for assigned accounts.
- Contact and manage VP & C-Level decision makers and executive relationships with all critical touch points within enterprise prospects with a focus on P&L leaders and Operations and Merchandising executives at large national retailers.
- Provide weekly, monthly performance updates to communicate progress, opportunities and risks associated with each prospect.
- Coordinates with the internal functional team members responsible for helping support the sales process.
- On occasion sell/support the sales of new products and service into existing accounts.
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding annual revenue quotas and other sales goals.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s or MBA degree.
- 10+ years of relevant large omni-channel retail enterprise and/or large brand sales experience with track of success; knowledge of drop-shipping industry a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail e-commerce, digital operations and fulfillment is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Marketplace selling on Amazon and Ebay.
- Experience selling SaaS-based solutions is strongly preferred.
- Ability to build effective reporting, presentations and proposals.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 50% of time.
- Self-directed with ability to work in home-based office environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with flawless follow up skills and results orientation.
- Strong consultative and “evangelistic” selling style.
- Team player with ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams.
- Proven track record in strategic / consultative selling and results against quota.
- Strong analytical, technical, operational and industry knowledge in order to deliver value and relevance to key executives at target retailers.
- Ability to synthesize/prioritize prospect feedback, competitive and industry information, and prospect financial/investory relations reports, and to provide feedback to improve product and service delivery.
- Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business to develop new selling strategies.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and boardroom presentation skills.Displays strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Viewed as an expert resource by prospects, peers and coworkers and has a thorough internal working knowledge of the enterprise.
- Leads by example and demonstrates strong decision-making skills, judgment and business acumen.
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.