CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
The Technical Writer manages all aspects of the user content development process, including information gathering, writing, and content reviews and approvals. Responsible for:
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of the CommerceHub network, its solutions, and user needs
- Developing high-quality user-facing content, including customized setup guides, online help, product update bulletins, and just in time communications
- Developing high-quality internal content, including business process documentation, templates, and forms
- Editing content developed by fellow technical writers and other CommerceHub teams, as needed
- Collaborating with technical teams and project leaders to identify content needs and move content through the review and approval process
- Implementing standards for customer-facing and internal content
- Participating in the implementation of new technologies to improve content development, management, and delivery
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ technical writing or related experience (writing samples will be required)
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including editing/proofreading
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex concepts into straightforward messages
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce quality deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and Adobe tools (including Acrobat and InDesign)
- Experience using help authoring solutions (such as RoboHelp, DNN, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience using screen capture software
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Design tools (such as Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Collaboration and project/issue management tools
- Content management systems
- Project coordination
- Training design and development
- An understanding of software development (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.