CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
Reports to: Lead Software Engineer
As an Operations Engineer, you will work in close partnership with Software Engineering, IT, and Customer Support teams to design, develop, and implement solutions in support of CommerceHub’s products. Additionally, you will support CommerceHub’s application deployment framework, monitoring and automation toolset, as well as contribute to infrastructure design and internal tooling. You will collaborate with CommerceHub’s Product development teams to ensure that new products and services are manageable, scalable, appropriately monitored, and operationally supported.
- Our team is comprised of very talented and highly motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder.
- We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done.
- We aim for operational excellence, automating repeatable tasks or getting fixes implemented upstream.
- We favor a Lean approach to our development, following agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban depending on the directive of the team.
- We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tech stack to make sure we are providing operational excellence.
- Continuous Delivery is important to us and we are constantly looking to improve our automated testing and continuous integration.
- Understanding, utilizing, and providing guidance on key data store and database technologies
- You view operations engineering as a craft and welcome the opportunity to share knowledge with fellow enthusiasts.
- You find implementing and utilizing monitoring, metric and logging toolsets exciting and love experimenting with them.
- "Good enough" is not in your vocabulary. You find innovative ways to keep the customer happy through prompt, well communicated and thorough support actions.
- You thrive under pressure and rise to the occasion as a key contributor during incident remediation.
- Collaborating with engineering teams on operational best practices as new applications are developed is inspiring.
- You continually look for ways to improve process and often consider how things can be done in a more efficient manner.
- For you, it is more than a job.
Our Tech Stack
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – ECS, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, CloudFormation etc.
- Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, MS SQL, MongoDB
- Dropwizard, Grails, Spock, Terraform
- GitLab-CI, Chef, Sensu, Jenkins, Site24x7, Ansible, Graphite, Grafana, Sumo
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.