CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
The Instructional Designer will develop and deliver onsite and remote training for internal staff and end users. The Instructional Designer will also be responsible for building and maintaining course curricula in multiple formats, gathering metrics regarding learning initiatives, and assessing the effectiveness of training.
- Create engaging course content that directs users to targeted learning objectives through the levels of learning.
- Collaborate with product and subject matter experts to develop training curriculum for internal and external user training materials.
- Conduct training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to company products, workflow, and reports; understanding user specific functions and tasks.
- Conduct customer and employee training using a variety of delivery methods including, but not limited to training videos, eLearning courses, written content, classroom, and teleconference sessions.
- Articulate technical concepts, how they map to product features, and how the feature can solve customer business problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Make updates to training courses based on feedback and observations.
- Design and administer assessments to certify understanding of course material.
- Set training schedule and coordinate logistics.
- Track, prepare, and distribute training assessments and outcomes.
- BA/BS degree in related field required. Master’s in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of adult training or teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing training videos using video editing software. Experience using Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Cloud suite, or similar products strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build curricula and respond to evolving product requirements and end user needs, including foreign language and internationalization requirements.
- Demonstrated experience designing e-Learning courses and assessments.
- Demonstrate outstanding technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Be an engaging, confident public speaker, particularly in an instructional setting.
- Excellent decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work efficiently in a time-sensitive environment, both as part of a team and independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning methodologies and how to apply those in growing and fast-paced environments.
- Strong knowledge and experience establishing metrics and reporting to assess and track results.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to high quality work, with a strong focus on internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate creative thinking and a willingness to implement new approaches.
- Maintain composure in critical situations and communicates well with both internal and external clients.
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.) preferred.
- Lean, six sigma, or other process improvement methodology experience. Certification is preferred.
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Commerce, Retail industry and/or supply chain experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Scrum Agile methodology and SDLC processes is a strong plus.
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.