Inside Sales Associate
CommerceHub is a leading provider of cloud-based ecommerce fulfillment and marketing solutions for large retailers, marketplaces, consumer brands and their suppliers. We are a melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
The Inside Sales Associate is responsible for generating new revenue by reaching out to prospective customers and successfully closing contracts related to CommerceHub ecommerce management software and services. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving team within an established and successful technology company focused on ecommerce marketplaces. Will own channel outreach, lead follow up, and activity reporting required to identify new customers to offer the suite of CommerceHub marketplace management software and service solutions to.
The individual we are looking for is a proactive and solutions oriented, and very familiar with ecommerce and 3P marketplace services ideally from first-hand experience within an online retailer or large marketplace (e.g. Amazon). The ability to succinctly and confidently summarize the challenges retailers will face selling products on marketplaces is essential. A strong self-starter and relentlessly motivated to create and build relationships with key decision makers this person is adept at identifying new segments, as well as creating and adjusting sales material and value messages to specifically fit the custom needs and contract terms evaluation of each prospect. Additional support of upselling existing customers, experience with the sales nurturing process and creation of collateral required.
- Cold & warm calling to identified brands and suppliers
- Identification and segmenting of users and decision makers
- Creation of awareness and summary sales collateral
- Recruitment and enrollment of prospects into demos and webinars
- Upselling or enrollment of customers into new services, marketplaces and terms
- Meeting or exceeding monthly and annual performance targets
- Facilitation and support of operational setup and launch of users post contract
- Associate’s Degree in related field, Bachelor’s preferred
- At least 2 years in a customer service role with a sales focus
- Travel is a must; 25% travel to events, trade shows and prospective customers is expected
- Cold calling and outbound telephone and email sales experience
- Proven track record of success closing deals
- Very strong familiarity with ecommerce and online retailing
- Able to summarize complex needs and situations with efficiency
- Strong organization, presentation, writing and verbal skills
- Familiar with CRM software (e.g., Kapta, Salesforce)
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience within ecommerce marketplaces or large online retailers a plus
- Familiarity with dropship, order management, 3PL a plus
CommerceHub HQ is located in Albany, NY in the ZEN building (the largest zero energy-capable, mixed use building in the US) with a game room (bubble hockey or ping pong, anyone?) and on-site cafeteria. The CommerceHub West office in Seattle, WA has stellar views and is steps from Pike Place Market. Our UK office is in historic Hertford, 20 miles north of London.
CommerceHub goes beyond medical, dental and vision benefits provided upon hire to make it convenient to prioritize your health. Meditation rooms, on-site yoga classes, an indoor walking course, local farm food delivery, a flexible spending account, company-funded life insurance/disability and more round out our dynamic health and wellness program. Employees are eligible to join our 401(k) program upon hire. The plan offers a competitive 100% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), subject to vesting. We also offer tuition assistance to support employees seeking to grow in their careers and enhance their job knowledge. We also have cold brew on tap, bagel Fridays, a casual dress code and employee recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub does not provide visa sponsorship.