Senior Systems Engineer
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Senior Systems Engineer will serve as part of a dynamic team of engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Duties will be broad and span both on-prem and cloud infrastructure. This individual possesses a strong background in IT, computer systems engineering, and/or systems engineering and analysis.
Key job responsibilities may include:
- Collaborates with various teams across the business to define infrastructure and network needs and requirements
- Evaluates and provides recommendations of specific infrastructure technology products, platforms, and designs that meet business and technology requirements
- Monitors industry trends and makes recommendations for modernization that meet evolving infrastructure needs
- Implements, maintains, and supports on-prem and cloud infrastructure including software and hardware (physical or virtual)
- Leverages tooling and systematic approaches to monitor the operational status of infrastructure systems; proactively optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Assists in root cause analysis, support, and post-mortem analysis for production incidents and service interruptions
- Demonstrates excellence in engineering with system management, documentation, and implementation habits; role model for others
- Provides technical leadership, guidance, training and direction to other team members
- Participates in project planning and management across multiple efforts
- Provide 24x7 operational support on a rotating on-call basis
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science related Engineering field AND/OR equivalent experience; you typically have at least 7 years of relevant technical experience.
- You have demonstrable experience designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting complex infrastructure environments .
- You have advanced experience in Unix/Linux and Windows Server operating systems .
- You preferably have cloud experience is desirable, preferably in AWS and/or Azure.
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with virtualization and SAN technologies (e.g., VMware, NetApp, fiber switches, etc.).
- You have advanced knowledge and experience in designing, implementing and managing Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, and Office 365.
- You preferably have experience in backup technologies (e.g., CommVault).
- You have strong networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP), firewall, and load balancer knowledge.
- You have competency in writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower downtime.
- You have excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) with the ability to write in clear, concise and organized manner with accuracy.
- You have proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with keen attention to detail.
Apply for this Job