Lead Software Engineer
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Lead Software Engineer will lead a team of strong, passionate engineers at CommerceHub. We’re looking for someone who is eager to step in as a leader, understanding and adopting the Agile and Lean processes we follow. The Lead SE will manage the day to day responsibilities of the team. This person must be comfortable working with multiple facets of the business including product, operations and support as partners to provide the best possible result for our customers.
This individual will be leading the software engineering efforts on a cross-functional team. The Lead SE will be charged with providing guidance and mentoring to team members, being an active part of cross-team communication, and removing obstacles from the product team to ensure success.
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for:
- Leading a team of highly-creative software professionals in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ensuring the team meets or exceeds all performance, quality and operational targets
- Understanding and driving Lean, Systems Thinking software engineering principles
- Personal mentoring and career development for team members
- Promoting best practices for software engineering and DevOps
- Scoping and prioritization of the team’s projects in coordination with other stakeholders
- Conducting regular one-on-ones and performance evaluations for direct reports
- Spread a culture of continual learning and quality throughout the team
Successful candidates for the position should meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years experience in software engineering and development
- Experience sufficient to manage direct reports
- Understanding of internet application architecture, including web services, database technologies, and SOA and microservice architectures
- Passion for creating and maintaining excellent software
- Experience with Continuous Delivery techniques and tools a plus
- Experience with project management using Agile/Lean development methodologies a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities
- Passion, resourcefulness, and dedication
The Team & Culture
- Our team is comprised of very talented and highly-motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder.
- We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done.
- We aim for operational excellence, are undergoing a transition to a DevOps culture and a “you build it, you run it” mentality.
- We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following the tenets of Kanban for workflow management, and to keep our Work In Process at a minimum.
About CommerceHub Engineering
The engineering group at CommerceHub employs some of the top engineering talent in the area. We’re constantly working to improve on processes, quality, and techniques, with the goal of producing the highest quality software solutions in the industry. The lines between traditional QA and software engineering are blurred here, with quality being considered at all stages of development.
In an effort to move towards Continuous Delivery, we’re actively shifting our mindset from that of a large, monolithic organization to many smaller, more independent teams, who govern their own particular domains. Leveraging a Service-Oriented Architecture, our smaller, independent teams will enable us to deliver features to market sooner, at greatly reduced risk.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub will not provide visa sponsorship.
CommerceHub does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, military status, sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including but not limited to selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.Apply for this Job