Tax Senior Manager
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
This key hands-on role is responsible for all tax-related matters of CommerceHub, including planning, compliance, and strategy. This position is an individual contributor, with assistance from external tax relationships as necessary, working closely with the finance organization to ensure efficient compliance with applicable tax law. In addition, this role will partner with the business to continually assess tax opportunities and risks associated with the Company’s growth and change.
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax provisions for internal and external financial reporting.
- Prepare federal, international and state income tax returns, including R&D tax credit filings and all related analysis and support, and/or engage and manage through external tax firms as necessary.
- Forecast and manage federal and state estimated income tax obligations.
- Manage all areas of indirect tax compliance, including sales and use, VAT, property tax, excise taxes, and other similar items.
- Manage transfer pricing policies and procedures, including management and execution of transfer pricing studies, maintaining policies and oversight of accounting for transfer pricing in the Company’s general ledger.
- Monitor changes in tax statues and regulations to determine the impact on the Company.
- Lead the effective support and resolution of audits by tax governing bodies, including the IRS as well as international, state and local agencies to the extent they arise.
- Manage external tax relationships, including auditors, advisors, and agencies.
- Ensure that external audit of tax related accounting, reporting and controls is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Effectively communicate tax matters to the CFO, executive team, and Audit Committee as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- CPA, with 7+ years of combined tax advisory or industry experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Local to the Albany, NY area or open to relocation.