VP, Business Intelligence & Analytics
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Vice President of Business Intelligence and Analytics (the “VP”) will be a senior leader within the company responsible for creating customer and business value from CommerceHub’s unique data assets. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product & Strategy, the VP will manage and recruit a team of data scientists and analysts that serve our Customers directly, or through stakeholders, including Product Management, Operations and Customers Success.
Key Expected Outcomes:
A successful VP of Business Intelligence and Analytics will have the skillset, experience and leadership abilities to accomplish the following:
- Manage internal business intelligence responsibilities, including a team responsible for supporting operations, customer success and finance teams.
- Transform the operations of the Analytics team to serve internal and external “customers” with a focus on creating business and customer value.
- Efficiently manage team resources by establishing practices that leverage appropriate software development methodologies and project and ticket tracking systems.
- Partner with senior leadership team to help inform significant resource and capital allocation decisions.
- Create and communicate an Analytics Strategy that sets the direction and describes the related activities necessary to create meaningful business and customer value from CommerceHub’s data assets.
- Research and evaluate third-party data providers capable of enhancing CommerceHub’s data assets.
- Partner with senior leadership team to create new products and initiatives that leverage CommerceHub’s data, third-party data.
- Manage and support the creation of data science models that extrapolate insights from enhanced data.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including marketing and customer success, to identify meaningful insights within CommerceHub’s data.
- Advocate for the resources to implement the Analytics Strategy through effective business cases.
- Collaborate with Product Management to take new analytically-driven products and services to market.
Critical Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to thrive within environments with ambiguous information and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to identify, recruit, train, and inspire a world-class employees and influence stakeholders throughout the organization.
- The ability to ask great questions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; technical educational background preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional software or ecommerce industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading BI or analytics teams.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the ecommerce industry.
- Experience with SaaS / cloud / on-demand software services.