Senior Network Engineer
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you are an advanced technologist who brings strong engineering practices to the specialty areas of networking. In this role you will lead and contribute to designing, implementing, testing, deploying, operating, and maintaining of critical network infrastructure. You will be responsible for ensuring the reliability and extensibility of CommerceHub’s growing network and VoIP infrastructure. You will work as part of a larger team in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Technical lead and direct contributor for projects involving local and wide area networking, wireless, VoIP and other related items across environments and platforms.
- Network and VoIP integration including assisting in the planning, design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN, wireless, and VoIP systems.
- Participation in vendor evaluations and recommendations and manage vendor resources and services.
- Developing and maintaining network and VoIP diagrams and documentation; planning and communicating strategically.
- Working with Cloud (AWS and/or Azure) networking and networking-related technologies.
- Proactively monitoring systems on a daily basis ensuring high availability; providing 24x7 operational support.
- Coordinate and manage project activities including planning, tracking, and scheduling.
- Proactively staying current on technological developments and applications.
- Mentoring other engineers.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field AND/OR equivalent professional experience; you typically have at least 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Broad experience designing, implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network and VoIP infrastructure devices across distributed environments.
- Preferably have experience with AWS networking concepts and technologies.
- Preferably have experience with Cisco (or Arista) network and collaboration technologies.
- Experience with firewall technologies, preferably Palo Alto.
- Excellent knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Preferably have network and/or general infrastructure security experience.
- The ability to propose, document, manage, and execute on complex projects.
- The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and are capable of communicating across all levels of management.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.