.Net Software Engineer
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Engineering department at CommerceHub employs some of the top engineering talent in the NY Capital District who are constantly working to improve on processes, quality and techniques, with the goal of producing the highest quality software solutions in the industry. As part of our goal to dramatically grow the engineering department we are establishing new teams with a focus on .NET technologies.
This is an unparalleled opportunity to help set the standard of a .NET practice here at CommerceHub.
- We are polyglot. Micro-services, cloud, containers, and functions are more important to us than the programming language used to solve a problem
- Our team is comprised of very talented and highly motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder.
- We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done.
- We aim for operational excellence, having a DevOps culture and a “you build it, you run it” mentality.
- We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following Kanban.
- We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tech stack to make sure we are providing software of the highest quality.
- Continuous Delivery is important to us and we are constantly looking to improve our automated testing and continuous integration.
- .NET Stack
- MS SQL Server
- Including ASP.NET WebForms, MVC, WebAPI
- Other Web Stacks
- MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Cloud Technologies
- ElasticSearch, Amazon Lambda, Amazon ECS, Amazon Kinesis
- Platforms and Platform Management
- Chef, Vagrant
- Linux and Windows
- DVCS (Git, Mercurial)
- Unit Testing Frameworks (MSTest, NUnit, xUnit)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering is a plus but not required.
- Software Engineer Certification is a plus but not required.
- High performing individual with a keen sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Can-Do attitude with an high aptitude for opportunity thinking
- Unselfish concerns that drive relationship building within our team and stakeholders
- Excellent communicator technically and in general
- Quick learner - able to come up to speed on unfamiliar technologies
- Self-starter - able to identify opportunities for improvements while keeping a balanced view of requirements and business needs
- Leadership capability in mentoring, coaching, and leading as a direct member of the team.
- 5 to 10 years of direct .NET web application development
- 3 to 5 years of direct SQL experience with complex store procedures
- 0 to 3 years of microservices and webservices using .NET
- Heavy experience with RESTful APIs
- Comfortable with multithreading and multi-tasking
- Experience with JS frameworks and runtimes, including React/Redux and Node.js
- Experience with frontend, middleware and backend development. Frontend and Backend experience is strongly desired.
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus
These specific engineering roles are in our Albany, NY office.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub will not provide visa sponsorship.Apply for this Job