Senior .Net Software Engineer
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
The Engineering department at CommerceHub employs some of the top engineering talent in the NY Capital District who are constantly working to improve on processes, quality and techniques, with the goal of producing the highest quality software solutions in the industry. The lines between traditional QA and software engineering are blurred here, with quality being considered at all stages of development. As part of our goal to dramatically grow the engineering department we are establishing new teams with a focus on .NET technologies.
This is an unparalleled opportunity to help set the standard of a .NET practice here at CommerceHub.
- We are polyglot. Micro-services, cloud, containers, and functions are more important to us than the programming language used to solve a problem
- Our team is comprised of very talented and highly motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder.
- We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done.
- We aim for operational excellence, having a DevOps culture and a “you build it, you run it” mentality.
- We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following Kanban.
- We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tech stack to make sure we are providing software of the highest quality.
- Continuous Delivery is important to us and we are constantly looking to improve our automated testing and continuous integration.
- You view software engineering as a craft and welcome the opportunity to share knowledge with fellow enthusiasts.
- You find learning new technologies/patterns exciting and love experimenting with them.
- You are not afraid to dive into unfamiliar code and come up to speed quickly.
- “Good enough” is not in your vocabulary. You find innovative ways to ensure quality without restricting development speed.
- You are able to identify opportunities for improvement in anything - development process, code, architecture, or automation.
- You understand the balancing game an engineer has to play while weighing new feature development with technical debt.
- A blank piece of paper doesn’t scare you. You are excited to design products from the ground up.
- For you, it is more than a job.
Our Tech Stack
Our Microsoft stack includes various technologies in the legacy "full framework" space (ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, WebAPI, and IIS) and carries forward into more modern micro-service and serverless cloud-native architectures (.NET Core, AWS Lambda).
Additionally, a significant amount of our application architecture relies on Microsoft SQL Server - complex stored procedures, common table expressions, scalar and table-valued functions, and SQL CLR implementations.
As such, we are interested in candidates with a diverse background and who are unafraid to tackle the next challenge.
A non-exhaustive list of tools and technologies we currently use:
- C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WebAPI, WCF, IIS, MSMQ
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, Integration Services, Analysis Services
- Amazon Web Services - EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS, Redshift, SQS, Elasticsearch, Beanstalk
- Git, TeamCity, MSTest, NUnit, xUnit, GitLab CI, GoCD
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering is a plus but not required.
- Software Engineer Certification is a plus but not required.
- 5 to 10 years of direct .NET web application development
- 3 to 5 years of direct SQL experience with complex store procedures
- 0 to 3 years of microservices and webservices using .NET
These specific engineering roles are in our Albany, NY office.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for this role. CommerceHub will not provide visa sponsorship.
CommerceHub does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, military status, sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including but not limited to selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.Apply for this Job