A Company You Can Grow With
CommerceHub is a tech melting pot of highly skilled individuals from various disciplines all working towards a common goal: supporting our partners to get their customers what they want, fast. We are constantly on the lookout for creative, fun and hardworking people who enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
Product Manager - Brand Solutions
CommerceHub has been a leader in the ecommerce space for years, helping retailers and brands to Keep Growing. Our team is comprised of talented individuals from a wide range of industry leading companies such as Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, GE, and more. We're a group of highly driven experts making a difference, whether they are seasoned veterans, or talented millennials establishing themselves. We are always looking for great personalities to grow with us and contribute to our success.
Our business is expanding rapidly driven by the innovative products we bring to market. These products have thousands of customers and are growing – FAST! While we are a substantial, profitable company we act as an agile, well-funded startup. Our software engineers, UX designers, product owners, and testers all work together to build products that solve major problems that our retail and brand partners face every day.
With a keen market sense and a quick eye for revenue opportunities, the Product Manager-Brands Solutions will collaborate with key stakeholders and executives in product marketing, sales, and operations to grow product revenue, make your case for product investments, and define the product roadmap, supporting services, product positioning, key messages, and pricing for our Brands Solution product suite. You understand complex e-commerce market dynamics and build close relationships with our customers to support their strategic business drivers and operational needs. You will also be a product evangelist, working across CommerceHub and customer organizations to drive alignment on the product vision.
We've got a lot of work to do and need talented individuals to help us grow even faster.
- Master the domain. You know that your ability to make sound product decisions comes from a deep understanding of the market, your customers and their problems. You will passionately research the problem space by meeting with customers and conducting interviews in conjunction with marketing and UX to build up the knowledge base of user & buyer personas, their challenges, competitive solutions, and our positioning.
- Champion the vision.You lead those around you to overcome objectives and rally towards achieving the overall product vision while providing progressive, incremental value in your product development on a rapid release cycle. You perceive complex challenges and deliverables as opportunities. You celebrate the team’s success and hold yourself personally accountable on the limited occasions when you don’t meet a goal. You share the product vision and your progress to various stakeholders in the format and context that makes sense to them. You have a public presence and are recognized externally for your domain expertise and insights.
- Build amazing software.You are highly experienced with building customer-facing web applications. You will maintain and prioritize a backlog, work with UX to define workflows and interactions, write requirements for the engineering team, help test, document and communicate releases. You will be the product owner of a rapidly growing team and contribute as a product manager by advocating for the customer while balancing business objectives and managing the work that needs to be done for your deliverables. You will be a master of organization, prioritization, and scope manipulation.
- Grow revenue.Your position is highly challenging and requires a relentless ability to identify and deliver revenue growth. You will present business cases to the executive team for buy in on your product ideas. You will work with sales, marketing, and operations to pursue big market growth opportunities and find ways to meet key needs of existing customers to drive their incremental growth. You will measure your results through product adoption, customer satisfaction, operational metrics, and financial returns.
- Computer Science degree (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of technology product management experience, with demonstrated product instincts, design experience, creativity, and ability to prioritize features and maintain a product roadmap.
- Strong business acumen with experience related to justifying strategic product investments.
- e-commerce business operations or solutions experience.
- Passion for unearthing customer insights and championing the voice of the customer.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with stakeholders and customers so they are part of the solution.
- Demonstrated success creating a vision and driving stakeholder alignment, with the ability to articulate clear, persuasive narratives that inspire others.
- Demonstrated success communicating software requirements and collaborating with engineering to deliver software solutions, preferably with an agile-based development team in a SaaS / web application delivery model.
- MBA or MS degree in a related field.
- Intense curiosity about brand merchandising, marketing and technology
- Experience selling, marketing, or supporting products sold on e-commerce marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Jet, etc…
- Experience in brand management or e-commerce/retail marketing
- Results-oriented and able to motivate others, with a demonstrated ability to create clarity and action from ambiguity, challenge assumptions, and establish metrics to measure outcomes.
- Ability to learn quickly and break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and enable the team to manage interdependencies and mitigate risk.
- Experience owning the team-level backlog and sprint backlog, helping the team rank work based on value, dependencies, architectural maturity, size of work, and business priority.
- Proficient in accessing, analyzing, and creating meaning from data for decision making.
- Knowledgeable about multiple specialties, including product management, software engineering, project management, user experience, marketing, sales, customer support, and finance.
- P&L or line of business management experience, core operational strength and the ability to make budget decisions to drive business success
Some travel required (5-10%)Apply for this Job
I recently joined CommerceHub after spending 15 years working for a large corporation. I have yet to look back. There is so much energy and focus here at CommerceHub and the people are fantastic!Dave Phillips Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
CommerceHub is a place where dedication, hard work and passion are encouraged and highly valued. I have been able to grow and learn from my team year after year – they will always have your back no matter what.
Shreya Jivani Acting Lead Software Engineer
Sixteen years ago I started my career with a promising start up. Sixteen years later, there is no place I would rather be.Jay St. Gelais Staff Software Engineer
In college I interned at CommerceHub. During my recent job search, I was looking for a fast paced company that would provide me with a challenge and also work/life balance. I couldn’t think of a better place to work than CommerceHub!Chelsea Belmonte Manager, Internal Audit
I’ve grown more as a developer in the past year here at CommerceHub then I have over the rest of my 10 year career. The engineering team here is first-class: supportive, collaborative, and always moving forward.Andrew Blick UI/UX Solution Architect
CommerceHub’s a place where passion, dedication and hard work are highly valued. Surrounded by supportive and talented people, I’ve been able to build on my skills year after year.Carolyn Jaskolka Associate Product Manager
CommerceHub Engineering is an ever-evolving ecosystem. It is full of like-minded team members who support each other and embrace change. I am proud of the work we do and the sportsmanship my teammates show every day!Matt Mason Business Analyst
I joined CommerceHub after working for a large corporation and I have yet to regret my decision. CommerceHub is a great place for creating innovative solutions, making an impact, and building trusting relationships with teammates and clients.
Selina Heckendorf Director, Marketplace Performance
Growing and changing along with a company is important to me and that’s what is happening at CommerceHub. We are in the greatest period of advancement I have seen in my 11 years here and it’s really exciting.Travis Kostell Operations Business Analyst
Company Perks & Benefits
GENEROUS 401(K) PROGRAM WITH 6% MATCH
Upon hire, employees are eligible to participate in CommerceHub’s 401(k) program, and the company provides dollar-for-dollar matching contributions on up to 6% of eligible compensation (subject to vesting).
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
From day one, employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, CommerceHub actively supports the health of its employees through a wellness program that includes free onsite ﬁtness classes throughout the week, a meditation room, game room and more!
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
On top of being packed with the most talented teammates around, employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and leadership development. CommerceHub also supports the causes that are important to you – form a team and take a paid volunteer day, and have CommerceHub match up to $250 of charitable contributions each year!
We like to work hard and we love to have fun while doing it. Join us for regular onsite and offsite events like company picnics, hockey games, holiday parties and more. Join our softball team, our running and biking groups, or even our company band.
Want to know more about New York’s Tech Valley and why it’s an awesome place to live?
Watch the video!